Product Management Coaching To Accelerate Your Career
Doesn't matter if you are new to product management, or you've been doing it a while. Chances are you have questions like:
- How do I prioritize these features?
- What is the best approach to creating a product roadmap?
- How do I launch my product in a new market?
- How do I get my first - or next - product management job?
- I'm starting at a new company where they are implementing agile for the first time. What should I do?
I can help.
I would love to offer you a free 30 minute coaching call (Skype), for free, with no obligation, to help you out with any challenges or questions you are facing in your product management career.
What My Coaching Clients Say
Nils’ recommendations were relevant and useful. Surpassed my expectations by far.
Product Marketing Manager
If you’re looking for support in launching a career in Product Management, Nils is your guy.
I’m blown away!
Who Am I?
I have years of experience as an enterprise software product manager, a mentor, and a coach. I have created continuous customer and revenue growth for multiple products. I've driven dozens of timely releases and hundreds of features from vision to delivery and adoption. I have a reputation for credibility with the technical team, and clarity for business stakeholders and customers.
And, I love helping product managers become more effective at creating value in the world.
You can read my writing on product management on my blog and other blogs
My book, The Secret Product Manager Handbook, contains a ton of product management ideas you've probably never seen before. So much so that one reviewer says "it's like having a conversation with mentor."
My videos (like “What Is Product Management“) and webinars have been viewed by hundreds of product managers.
Do You Have Questions About Coaching?
OK, is this just going to be a sales pitch?
Nope, this is a real coaching call. I'll help you with a problem, give you advice, whatever we have time for. Even in a short call like this you can get a lot of value! At the end I'll mention my easy coaching package, but there really is no obligation.
How much does it cost?
The first session is free, as I’ve said, and no obligation. If you like the experience and feel it will give you good value, I offer a simple flat rate of $400 for four sessions. (This is a really good deal for coaching!) We can discuss this, you can think it over. I’ll send you an email a few days after our free coaching reminding you of the offer.
How long are the sessions?
The free session is nominally 1/2 hour, but it usually goes over.
My regular coaching sessions are typically an hour, but can go longer or shorter depending on schedules and what we’re working on.
Is this coaching online or in-person?
It’s online, typically. I like to use Skype when possible, but can also use phone, Google Hangouts, etc. If you want to be on camera that’s fine, but I’m happy doing it voice only as well.
What is your coaching approach?
I use a hybrid approach, based on what I like as a recipient of coaching.
- First, you often know more than you think you do about a situation - and I help draw that knowledge out of you. This can be one of the wonders of getting coaching, learning how much you already know, and letting that knowledge loose.
- Second, I have a lot of experience in product management and business in general, so I often have advice or techniques that can cut right through a problem, or give you a new mental model or technique for handling it.
- Finally, I have specific skills for helping you with your resume and interview preparation. I can help you transform your resume (the words, not the design) to give an excellent first impression. And I love to help you elicit and polish your best stories for use in interviews.
When can you meet with me?
I have a Calendly calendar that has my free slots on it. Typically I like to do early morning or evening calls (Pacific Time), since I have a full time job as well. But I can often arrange special call times if necessary.
As you can see, there’s no reason not to take advantage of this free coaching call!
Get Started Now
Let me help you with the challenges or questions you are facing right now. Sign up now for a free 30 minute coaching call at no further obligation.
I’m confident it will be worth your time.
There’s no reason not to take the plunge – it’s no risk to you.