Ace The Behavioral Job Interview!
Use Powerful Stories of Your Own Accomplishments To Win In Job Interviews
"Excellent class! One of the best, most practical, and most actionable presentations about storytelling I’ve seen."
What you’ll learn in the "Storytelling for Job Interviews" Course
- Why interviewers ask behavioral questions (and what they are), and how to answer them.
- The fundamental structure that will give you the power to tell your own stories effectively and persuasively, to demonstrate your skills and accomplishments and to differentiate yourself from your competitors (other job seekers!)
- Why you need to reduce the hiring manager's perception of risk (of hiring you) - and how to do it!
- How to prepare for an interview by curating a selection of stories of your most impressive accomplishments and the challenges you've addressed.
- Bonus: How to update your resume to highlight your most powerful stories.
- Bonus: How to use the storytelling tricks that all movie directors know to add drama and emotional engagement to your stories!
In This Online Video Course You'll Learn To
Turn Your Most Impressive Accomplishments Into Great Stories
That Help You Win In Job Interviews
... You look great on paper.
... You got the interview.
But now you're in one of the most competitive fight of your life - against all the other candidates interviewing for this great new job.
How are you going to differentiate yourself?
How are you going to overcome the hiring manager's fear of making a bad decision?
How are you going to convince them that you are the right person for the job?
The secret lies in one of humanity's most ancient traditions - storytelling.
In this course you'll learn how to prepare for an interview by turning your vague accomplishments into engaging and compelling stories.
Most technologists like us - product managers, developers, product marketers - tend to underplay the transformative results of our successes, and overemphasize the technical aspects of our achievements.
Sign up for instant access to "Storytelling for Job Interviews" and learn the superpower of telling the stories of your own accomplishments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the course?
The course is approximately 40 minutes of video, divided into more than a dozen lessons.
You can watch the whole course in less than an hour.
Then you'll want to spend some time using the techniques in the course to polish your own stories so you're ready for your next interview!
Does the course come with any materials?
The course materials include:
- A powerful template you can use while working on your story.
- A list of key questions you will be asking (yourself) to make sure you can create the most compelling, engaging story possible.
How is this course different from other storytelling courses?
There are a few ways:
- The storytelling framework used in this course is much simpler than most storytelling classes.
- This course is focused on the stories you tell about yourself in job interviews, not on storytelling in general. (Although you'll find the ideas powerful in other areas of your career, of course!)
- The course focuses on overcoming the bad habits that we technologists often bring to storytelling, which significantly reduce the power and influence of our stories.
Can I get additional one-on-one coaching on my stories?
There are both group and individual coaching add-on options for the course. Please contact Nils directly for more information.
Created by Nils Davis, author of The Secret Product Manager Handbook and the host of the Secrets of Product Management Podcast
Nils has decades of experience as an enterprise software product manager in Silicon Valley. His writing and podcasts have educated (and entertained) thousands of product managers of all sorts.
And he's been coaching product managers specifically on how to tell better stories since 2017. His online presentations of this material are acclaimed - and now you can get the same training in online form!
This course is only $49 - and will add $thousands to your income over your lifetime.