What Does A Product Manager Do?
- This is the post you should read if you can’t figure out how to talk to your Grandma about what you do: What Does A Product Manager Do? (It might also be helpful to have your boss read it.)
- Why are we doing this? What Is The Business Value Of A Product Manager?
- And just because it sometimes comes up: What Is Marketing, To Product Managers?
Practical Advice You Can Use
My series on Product Management Rules of Thumb is meant to give you powerful mental models you can use constantly as a PM:
- The Order-of-Magnitude Rule
- The Three Boxes Rule
- The It-Has-To-Work Rule
- A Weak Value Proposition Is A Symptom, Not A Disease
Prioritization and decision-making are a constant challenge for product managers:
- Here are six techniques for managing prioritization.
- What’s The Simplest Possible Example of Prioritizing Features?
- And don’t let yourself get stuck in “either-or” decisions – there are always more options