Looking back over 2015 on this blog, I see quite a lot of meaty content! The topics have been hardcore product management-related. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it as much as I’ve enjoyed sharing it.
Summarizing (with links to the key posts), we went deep on:
- The business value of product management, and how valuable it can be for you to improve your effectiveness as a product manager.
- A series on how to be a badass product manager, using ideas from Kathy Sierra’s Badass book.
- 6 podcast episodes from the first series, and 4 from the new series.
- What does a product manager do, anyway? And how does it relate to marketing, anyway? And the right way to use stories from your customers to sell more.
- The importance of finding and validating market problems, and how to do it.
- What to do if your release is running late, and how to mitigate that in the future.
I even put a product management maturity quiz out there, just for fun.
I have lots more thoughts to share in 2016. Tomorrow I’ll share some ideas on how I’m going to run things in 2016 so that more of my thoughts make it out into the blog and into the world. (The key word is “systems.”)
[…] meaning, but it does give us a chance to reflect on what’s gone before, and what’s ahead. In my last post I reviewed the topics we covered in 2015. This post is about where I’ll be focusing in 2016 […]